So, today has been a long day. A good day, but a long day. I’ve kicked a lot of projects into gear that I’m super excited about and can’t wait to share once I’ve done a bit more planning. But they’re awesome 🙂 I also photographed an amazing engagement session that came on the heels of an amazing proposal I photographed.
All that planning, dreaming, meeting, talking and photographing has totally made the day get away from me, but I don’t want it to end without having blogged my random thoughts. And I thought I’d give them a thankful spin. I once heard about a girl who wrote 5 things she was thankful for in her journal every night before going to bed. Even when she didn’t feel like she had anything to be thankful for, she forced herself to think of something, even if it was just socks. I loved that idea. Counting your blessings is always a good idea. It makes you realize how much you have to be grateful for.
Something else I heard once was this: what if all the sudden one day everything disappeared that you had never expressly given thanks for out loud? There is a lot I’ve never actually spoken my gratitude for. If all of those things were suddenly taken away, I wouldn’t even have arms anymore. Crazy to think about, huh?
So without further ado, here is my list of 10 things I’m grateful for today.
1. My Heavenly Father. Even when I get super unsure of myself or what I’m doing in life and get scared that things won’t work out, he blesses me beyond measure when I’m least expecting it.
2. Reid. He’s awesome.
3. My family. They’re awesome.
4. Friends. I have the best. Old and new.
5. Socks. Yep, socks. My feet are always cold, and we’ve had a few snowy spring days (oxymoron??), so I’m grateful that extra layer of warmth for my feet.
6. Sandwiches. Yum. I ate a tasty one for lunch with tomato, cucumber, hummus, kalamata olives and roasted red peppers. Delightful.
7. Knowing I’ll be married soon. It’s a nice feeling 🙂
8. My James Taylor Pandora station. It rocks my socks off, effectively negating #5.
10. Having the opportunity to photograph something like this surprise proposal. Mica and Sammi are awesome and awesomly in love and now ENGAGED! 🙂 I’m going to be blogging about it more later this week, but here is a sneak peek if you haven’t seen it already.