Why random Tuesday? Because Tuesdays are sort of random by default. Tuesday is the second day of the week; not great…not terrible…just Tuesday.
And randomly, I think I’m going to start a blog series that focuses on the Top 10 Random Things I’m Thinking About Today (yes, I’m capitalizing it, just so it seems less random and more legit…it’s not…don’t be fooled).
1. I still need to pick a florist for our wedding reception. And reserve linens and tableware. And book a band. Yikes. This wedding thing is stressing me out. I’ve got to remember it’s not about the wedding. It’s about the marriage. But the perfectionist in me keeps rearing its ugly head.
2. Jasmine Star is a marketing/branding genius. I want to be like her when I grow up. I’ve been watching an online workshop she held and there is so. much. amazing. information.
3. I poached my first egg ever last night. I’ve used those little poaching cups before, but I’ve never actually just dropped the egg into water. Surprisingly, it turned out great! Yay! I told Reid I’d poached an egg and he said, “Isn’t that illegal?” Clever, Reid. Clever.
4. I want a donut. I can usually count the number of donuts I eat in a year on one hand. Today needs to be a day I up the count (bringing the Grand Donut Total of 2013 to a whopping 1). There is a place here called Granny’s Donuts that makes homemade donuts fresh every morning. I need to go.
5. I get to go skiing on Thursday with my aunt Jeanne. I’ve had this weird fear that’s cropped up in the past 2 years that’s prevented me from going skiing. I just don’t like feeling like death is imminent. It’s time to kick that fear down the mountain….as long as it doesn’t kick me back 😉
6. I miss Reid.
7. After I eat a donut, I really need to work out. I don’t need to lose any weight, but I do need to get fit. I’m the weakest, least flexible and most out of shape I’ve been, and I think it’s affecting my general health. What workout routines do you love? Let me know in the comments below.
8. I’m obsessed with the show “Alias”….I may be about 10 years late to the party, but I don’t care. Sidney Bristow and Netflix are an amazing pair.
9. FaceTime is amazing, too. Reid and I still get to have face-to-face conversations, which makes this long-distance thing much more bearable.
10. This is Gus. He’s my aunt Kelly’s dog. I’m going to steal him. Don’t tell. Last night he laid down on my face and I didn’t even care. I love him that much. I mean…look at those eyes. How can you NOT love him?
Happy Random Tuesday!